Going through the grinding years of study for becoming a medical practitioner can be very tough. You not solely just need to have patience and perseverance along with a hardworking attitude, you also require the best types of equipment that will make your journey smoother and help you achieve your goal. So these are very Best Stethoscope for medical students which you may find on internet. Our experts team of doctors have checked and tested it before compiling this list.
Any medical student can certainly not imagine completing this journey without a good stethoscope. Especially for a medical student, there are a basic set of requirements that a good stethoscope should be able to fulfill.
- It should be easily affordable for a student and should not come with a big price tag.
- Lightweight, so that it doesn’t prove to be difficult to carry it around.
- Durable, so that it can endure the daily wear and tear and survive the toiling years of study alongside with you.
- Have a superb, crisp, sound quality.
- Comfortable earpieces.
Surely there are many stethoscopes available in the market today according to the quality and price; some coming with a big price tag, made especially for professionals of specific jobs, while the other more affordable ones for generic use. But how to choose the best instrument for you amongst such a vast number of available choices? We have made a comprehensive and intuitive list here especially for medical students to help you decide for yourself –
7 Best Best Stethoscope for medical students
1) 3M Litmann Cardiology III Stethoscope
Litmann is a highly renowned name in the world of stethoscope manufacturing. They bring us this excellent stethoscope laden with features that could prove to be extremely helpful to the people in the medical field. Let’s take a look at some of the features this magnificent instrument offers its users –
- Outstanding acoustic performance due to the two built-in tunable diaphragms.
- It is highly durable and due to its strong built quality and good materials used, will perform well for years to come.
- This stethoscope comes with a dual-sided chest piece that facilitates any easy use for patients of all age groups.
- Angle headset that warrants easy and comfortable use.
- Double lumen tube which eliminated any unwanted noise arising from rubbing of the tubes.
- Highly enduring and versatile instrument that will go on for years.
- Non-chill diaphragm.
- Suitable for all age groups from adult to pediatric.
- Could prove to be somewhat expensive for a student but it will surely endure for a long time.
- Is rather heavy and bulky.
2) 3M Littman Master Classic II Stethoscope
Another amazing product coming with the Littman quality which is a trustworthy trademark in itself, this superb stethoscope has stood firmly and proudly against the tests of time and quality.
One of the highly affordable stethoscopes that don’t lag in the features department too, this stethoscope could prove to be the best thing for a medical student. Littman created this highly efficient yet classy stethoscope giving priority to the features as well as price and looks. This stethoscope boasts of the following –
- Excellent acoustic sensitivity due to the tunable diaphragm technology.
- A coveted comfortable design of the earpiece and the headpiece.
- Headset tension is easily adjustable for various head sizes and can be adjusted by squeezing together or pulling apart the ear tubes.
- Soft-sealing, snap tight ear-tips that adjust according to the user’s ears for an excellent acoustic seal and a comfortable fit.
- The latex tube asserts its shape even after folding it tightly.
- No-chill rim of the diaphragm also doesn’t cause any additional discomfort to the patient.
- An easily affordable price.
- Comes with the Littman quality that is trusted over generations.
- Latex free tubing proves to be an asset to the environment as well as for the patients who suffer from allergies.
- Extremely comfortable and lightweight
- It can tend to evolve Peyronie’s disease and develop cracks.
- The cost for repair could be high (even as close to the purchasing price).
3) 3M Litmann Lightweight II S.E
Best Stethoscope for medical students
Yes, it is another Litmann product; but we can’t help it, they make their products that good and efficient. As the name suggests, this stethoscope is extremely lightweight and therefore a good choice option for a medical student who has to wear it for the most part of the day. Trust us; you won’t even realize that there is an instrument hanging around your neck. It has the following features –
- Tunable diaphragm that allows easy audibility, capturing both high and low-frequency sounds.
- Provides reliable performance for taking blood readings.
- Its tear-drop shape allows it to be an easy fit under a blood pressure cuff.
- Angled headset for easy hearing.
- Excellent tubing that does not contain phthalate plasticizers and is healthy and environment-friendly.
- High-quality, lightweight materials.
- No-chill diaphragm.
- Excellent features keeping in mind the price you are paying for it.
- Provides quality and ease along with comfort and is reasonably durable.
- Best choice for people who have to wear a stethoscope throughout the day.
- Only a limited physical assessment of an adult patient can be made.
- Sound quality is not that good.
- Not suitable for a long run.
4) ADC ADSCOPE 603 Stainless Stethoscope
Taking a break from the great legacies of the Litmann company, we enlist another great stethoscope that boasts of a great plethora of features such as great durability against wear and tear, excellent acoustics and a good affordable price. Let us take a look at this amazing stethoscope’s features –
- A 22 inch PVC tubing with binaural of stainless steel.
- Ultrasensitive no-chill diaphragm providing excellent acoustics for low and high frequencies.
- Two Adsoft Plus ear tips made up of silicone have included additionally.
- The chest piece is combined with CNC machine for test against the surgical steel.
- Excellent acoustic performance due to AFD technology.
- Highly durable and comfortable.
- Reinforcing yoke modeled headset that allows easy yet strong fit.
- Use of quality material along with stainless steel ensures a longterm use.
- Affordable price and laden with features, competing for neck to neck with its competitors.
- Lifetime warranty provided by the company along with free consumables, when registered.
- Earpieces are not comfortable for prolonged use.
- It is slightly heavier and cumbersome.
Also check :
5) Omron Sprague Rappaport Stethoscope
Another Best Stethoscope for medical students that is highly desirable if you do not want to spend a lot of money and yet gets many decent features. This could easily be the cheapest stethoscope available in the market today and is highly recommended for entry level users. The Best stethoscope could prove to be David standing his ground against Goliath that are its competitors.
What are the features that this instrument provides? Let’s have a look –
- Dual sided diaphragm proving it to be a versatile instrument for all the age groups. Moreover, they provide it in two sixes, detachable according to your needs.
- Two different ear tips that provide the perfect fit.
- It is a 5-in-1 multipurpose Quintoscope.
- Chrome plated chest piece giving it a classy look.
- Latex free tubing.
- Excellent features according to the price.
- Clear acoustics, making the instrument work well for pediatrics as well
- The diaphragm is not that strong.
- The double tubing could create interference.
6) Welch Allyn 5079-135 Stethoscope
Another well-known name in the stethoscope manufacturing, Welch Allyn has made a niche for itself among the Litmann obsessed field. Providing a tough competition to its adversaries and proving its worth to be as good as a high priced Litmann, this stethoscope is certainly a must for a medical if they are looking for good performance features under a light price tag. Looking at its features –
- Extremely lightweight.
- Rotatable ear tips with comfortable sealing.
- Though the tubing is made of less desirable PVC, it is extremely flexible.
- Dual headed for versatile use; it has a no-chill diaphragm.
- Single lumen ensures good quality sound.
- Lightweight and versatile.
- The affordable price makes along with the features makes it a strong competitor to its contemporaries.
- Linear instead of an angled earpiece that could cause discomfort.
- Sound quality is not good as compared to the other stethoscopes.
7) Prestige Medical Dual heads – Last in Best Stethoscope for medical students
A stethoscope that comes from another reputed company, Dual heads are found to be efficient alternatives for the high priced Litmanns. The cheapest in price yet able to perform satisfactorily, it could easily prove to be one of the best options for students looking for stethoscopes with good features that could be easily used and yet, do not make a big hole in their pockets. Taking a look at it –
- A dual sided chest piece that is available with bell sides and diaphragm.
- Sound transmission is pretty good due to the fiberglass used in the diaphragm which is no-chill.
- Brass binaural plated with chrome.
- PVC, single tubing.
- Unique frosted purple color.
- Made from anodized aluminum that makes it lightweight.
- Decent acoustics.
- Value for money.
- Extremely versatile.
- Not works well for vital functions and organ sounds; only for lungs and abdominal sounds.
- Earpieces could be comfortable and leave ears sore after long use.
This is a comprehensive list of Best Stethoscope for medical students made especially for medical students who have to pay their expensive tuition fee along with the textbooks and other equipment already and want an affordable yet durable stethoscope. All these stethoscopes are well tested for quality and easily available at various prices, in numerous colors. We certainly hope this will help you tighten the net around so many available choices and make a right decision that suits your needs. You can leave any questions in the comments below.